Adoption Attorney In St. Louis
Call Our Family Law Firm At (636) 742-1418!
The St. Louis family law attorneys at Pedano, O’Shea, McGavic & Hogenmiller, LLC are experienced in handling adoption and guardianship cases. The adoption process is complex and there are a lot of procedural requirements that must be met before an adoption can be finalized. There are two categories of adoptions: adoptions by relatives and adoptions by non-relatives.
Adoptions by relatives are often by a step-parent, grandparent, aunt or uncle, or other family member. In comparison, adoptions by non-relatives typically involve a public or private agency or some other third independent party. Once the adoption is finalized, the adoptive parents will have all of the rights and responsibilities any biological parent would.
If you are interested in adopting, we invite you to contact our firm to discuss which adoption avenue is best suited for you.
Common Types of Adoptions
At Pedano, O’Shea, McGavic & Hogenmiller, LLC, we help clients navigate all types of adoptions. We can be there for you through each and every step of the process or just provide counsel when needed. Whatever the case, be sure to call on us when you need legal insight you can rely on.
- Our firm can represent clients in the following types of adoptions:
- Private or international adoptions – these require extensive paperwork and verification of your suitability to raise a child. We can help with this long and complicated process.
- Grandparent or relative adoptions – most often occurring because a parent’s absence or unsuitability to raise their children, we can help uphold your best interests.
- Contested adoptions – these often require a skilled litigator with trial experience who can present your case to a divorce court in a manner that yields the best possible outcome.
- Step-parent adoptions – in order for these to be successful, the individual carrying parental rights has to either waive them or be deemed unfit by a court of law.
When you work with our legal team, you will quickly see that we put you and your future child’s needs first. We review your options for adoption and help you take the best steps forward. Whether you are facing complex adoption of a step-child or found yourself in the midst of a contested adoption, you can call on our firm for all your legal needs. We are committed to delivering affordable representation backed by personalized support and compassionate care.
Work with a firm focused exclusively on family law cases like yours; call Pedano, O’Shea, McGavic & Hogenmiller, LLC in Chesterfield. Begin by filling out a free case evaluation today!